The desire for every Christian and Christian ministry is to follow Jesus wherever He leads. This blog post is for both those who have been following our ministry, as well those who are new, to update and to inform you in regards to the missionary work of Our Father’s Home Ministries International (OFHMI).
“but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8 NASB)
He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing. (Deuteronomy 10:18 NASB)
Who we are
OFHMI is a Christ-centered, non denominational ministry. We work together with the followers of Jesus Christ wherever they are found, who believe in the power of the good news of Jesus Christ in word and in deed ! In fulfilling this call of the Lord, we have been led to carry this out by:
- Helping indigenous pastors reach the lost with the gospel in India. We currently work with a network of approximately 30 pastors.
- Providing basic needs such as shelter, clothing, medical care, schooling, food, and clean water for orphans, as well as providing food and clean water for the widows, the poor, and the needy
Where we have been
In 2011 we were introduced to Pastor Salmon and his family. At that time they were caring for close to 30 orphans in their home. The children were sleeping on the floor in two different rooms. In addition to feeding the children, they were feeding around 15-20 widows and other poor and needy in their village. They began this work by The Lord’s leading and faith. That year the Lord brought us together and we have seen amazing demonstrations of God’s provision:
- Land donated by a wealthy man to build an orphanage, following dreams two different men had about Pastor Salmon working on the land adjacent to land we were unable to purchase
- The building of an orphanage with room to care for approximately 100 children.
- Beds provided for our 30 orphans who were sleeping on the floor
- Children and widows having fresh fruit daily to help with with proper nutrition. This has resulted in less sickness and overall improvement of health
- Bottled water to drink to help against sickness due to contaminated water
In the gospel work we have been able to see the following work begin:
- Monthly pastor’s meetings for encouragement and prayer. The pastors help care for each other’s needs. It is a time to share and grow in understanding through the scriptures
- Monthly village outreaches were the pastors and the 30 orphan children join together to pass out tracts and bibles and to share the good news in different villages
- Providing bibles for new Christians and also those who do not have one
What is the need both now and moving ahead
The needs are regular in this ministry. Providing daily food, fruit, and clean water for the orphans and widows, as well as the poor and needy is a weekly concern. Feeding approximately 60-70 people each day takes considerable resources. There are times where we are greatly challenged in this need. Our orphanage has room to care for 100 orphans. Sadly Pastor Salmon has to tearfully (the tears are on both sides) turn away many who come seeking room, because the current resources are stretched to take care of the children under our care. The percentage of the population in the state we are in that is Christian is 1.5 % which is below the national average of India. To say that the need for the gospel is great is very clear. There are times where the outreaches and pastor’s meetings are more sporadic than would be desirable. Moving ahead these are the things that we believe the Lord is leading us in.
- Providing care for 50 children in this next year. We gladly would welcome to care for more!
- Regular outreaches and equipping new pastors to care for new churches
- Reaching into the poor slum areas to minister to the lepers and gravely destitute with the love of God
- Providing clean potable water for villages through well drilling and water filtration
How you Can Help
- Pray!!! The bible teaches us that ‘the effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. All great works of God are birthed and sustained by prayer and communion with the Lord.
- Give!!! After prayer, it is undeniable that to accomplish a work like this for God’s glory needs the support of God’s people. We have men and women willing to do the work but need support. Many reading this have been blessed by God to never worry about basic needs. The people we help are without such basic needs as shelter, clothing, food, and clean water. These pastors are also very poor and have families. Most also do not have vehichles of their own and rely on public transportation. They are willing to do the hard, but blessed work of the Lord. However they are looking to their brothers to help them and support them. Many pastors need to build churches for the people to come to. The Lord has made it very clear to us that for His work to be accomplished in the remotest parts of the earth it takes the participation of the body of Christ to join together to be the hands and feet to accomplish it.
- Volunteer The need for help both here in the US as well as in India is varied. All such decisions are arrived at only after serious prayerful consideration of both the individual and the ministry. If interested you can contact us at email@example.com. You can also call us at (401) 484-2683 or message us on Facebook.
If you wish to help financially there is a Donate button link on our blog page to donate through PayPal. OFHMI is a registered 501C3 non-profit ministry and donations are US tax deductible in accordance as the tax law allows.